— Microsoft veteran Monica Pool Knox is now chief people officer of data platform company Domo.
Knox worked for Microsoft for almost five years, departing in April 2021. She most recently served as global head of human resources at the tech giant for mixed reality, AI platform & cloud security, and identity.
More recently, Knox was chief people officer for conversational AI company LivePerson. She has also served in leadership roles at Twitter, CBS, Sony, PepsiCo and Verizon. She was hired as chief people officer at Seattle startup Amperity earlier this year but no longer lists that role on her LinkedIn profile.
Knox also serves as a board director for Swedish Health Systems and DreamSmart Academy, which helps with behavioral coaching, and as a senior talent advisor for professional networking startup Talentsky.
Knox will be based in Seattle for Domo, which is headquartered in American Fork, Utah.
Other key personnel changes across the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- Vivek Ramaswami joined Madrona Venture Group as a new partner, moving from Steadfast Capital Ventures. He’ll be based at the firm’s new office in Palo Alto, Calif.
- Nathan Gooden, previously chief financial officer at Amazon Alexa Worldwide, is now chief financial officer and treasurer at Squarespace.
- Alison Davis Riddell joined venture capital firm Positive Sun as a partner. Riddell, based in Seattle, is a board member and former chief operating officer of Balena, a London Linux-based tech company.
- Parisa Sadrzadeh left Amazon after 12 years at the company, where she was most recently vice president for the worldwide delivery service partner program, according to her LinkedIn post.
- Mamtha Banerjee, a former vice president at Expedia Group and founder of Magicflix, joined JPMorgan Chase as a managing director.
- Global architecture, design and planning firm Gensler appointed two new project directors for its Seattle office: Jennie Santoro to lead the aviation practice area, and Edward Palushock to lead the sciences area.
- Mary Hemmingsen was appointed to the board of directors of Itron, a Liberty Lake, Wash., tech company focused on managing energy and water resources.
- OwnTrail, a Seattle-based life and career platform, has a new chief growth officer: Lizelle van Vuuren, founder of Denver-based Women Who Startup. She also serves as a strategic advisor at OwnTrail.